Right now the site is in chaos state. Got the blog set up yesterday but still have to do a lot in a few days.
- Put the Cricket Crawl logo in the header with pretty much entails making a custom header in Photoshop with the logo by Melisa Beveridge. That would at least make it look a little bit better.
- Figure out what theme to use – maybe just stick with Kubrick ‘cuz it’s easy
- Figure out what I can and can’t do in terms of mapping within WordPress.org
- Figure out how many pages I need to add and get them populated
- Set up Google docs spreadsheet to track counts
- Add info about Matt Buffington – the expedition leader – to the about page
- Add inot about me – the background blogger – to the about page
- Add links and logos
- And, and, and…
- Design a simple KML to track Matt’s locations throughout the night -probably going to used Excel for my placemark generation.
- Check out how the KML works in Google Maps/Google Earth
I’m hoping that WordPress.com isn’t too limiting wrt getting maps and photos on the posts.